26
Jun
09

The World God Only Knows [Orange Farm Archive]

While Komidol is enjoying his short break in-between trimesters, I ran across a manga that a lot of you visiting this blog will probably get a kick out of: The World God Only Knows, by Wakaki Tamiki.

twgok-1

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai, or The World God Only Knows, is a story about a high-schooler who is so into dating sim games that everyone on the Internet refers to him as the “capturing god” – he who has captured the hearts of over 1,000 virtual girls. If this doesn’t sound like a great setup to you yet, the story goes like this: a demon from hell, who resembles a teenage girl, is sent to the human world in order to root out the evil spirits hiding in innocent girls’ hearts.

The main character, Keima Katsuragi, unknowingly forms a contract with this girl through a strangely-worded e-mail, and thus becomes her partner. Should he refuse to assist the demon, Erushia, both their heads will be cleanly severed from their bodies.

twgok-2

To make things even better for Keima, the process of rooting out these evil spirits is through love – in other words, he’s going to need to make an awful lot of girls fall in love with him to fulfill this contract. And as you can see above, Keima is really not into this idea.

TWGOK goes through a lot of dating sim cliches that I expect many of you readers will pick up on. The first “victim” is a track-and-field runner – so you have the stereotypical “athlete” character. The second girl is an all-out tsundere. To make it better, Keima actually succeeds in applying his “game theory” to the real world. It’s a hilarious ride. The first chapter is a whopping 63 pages, so it will keep you reading for quite a while.

twgok-3

If you’re interested – why wouldn’t you be? – the scanlation can be found over at MangaOne. My only problem – and it’s rather large – is that the credits even say there are five people “cleaning up”, yet no one actually seems to have edited it. Many parts are terribly worded. And that’s why I stay away from fan scanlations 95% of the time(the other 5% being the competent ones >_>). But don’t let that stop you. Even with the bad English, it’s sure to keep you entertained.

Now, to finish cleaning up the house… 8D

Advertisements

2 Responses to “The World God Only Knows [Orange Farm Archive]”


  1. 1 Ssuusshhii
    June 26, 2009 at 3:03 PM

    He’s my hero.

  2. June 29, 2009 at 9:49 AM

    Already read through the Tsun-tsun arc. HILARIOUS. Thanks!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


June 2009
S M T W T F S
« May   Jul »
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930  

Categories

Links: Information

Touhou Wiki (English)
Seisaku no Shiori

Links: Doujin Circles


Links: Doujin Music Circles


Sonic Hybrid Orchestra WAVE UI-70

Links: Doujin Game Circles


Team Shanghai Alice Tasogare Frontier Fly System Pandadanpa

Links: Other Stuff


JAM Project TYPE-MOON foobar2000

Link to Us

Place a Text widget on your sidebar and include the banner and link using HTML code. This site is link-free(you can link here without asking).

Blog Stats

  • 289,923 Oranges Picked

%d bloggers like this: